- Sat, 25 May 2013 10:30:00 +0000: Wired Space Photo of the Day: Supermassive Black Hole Jets - Wired Top Stories
This composite image of a galaxy illustrates how the intense gravity of a supermassive black hole can be tapped to generate immense power. The image contains X-ray data from NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory (blue), optical light obtained with the Hubble Space Telescope (gold) and radio waves from the NSF's Very Large Array (pink).
- Fri, 24 May 2013 22:30:00 +0000: From <em>Arrested Development</em> to <em>Dr. Who</em>, How Binge Watching Is Changing Our Culture - Wired Top Stories
Why do we binge watch? One way to answer this question is to say, well, we binge on TV for the same reason we binge on food. And these psychological factors are no doubt apt. But the anthropological ones are perhaps just as useful and a little less obvious because culture is a thing of surfaces and secrets, and the anthropologist is obliged to record the first and penetrate the second to figure out what?s really going on.
- Fri, 24 May 2013 21:55:00 +0000: The Xbox One Misses the Perfect Set-Top Box Target - Wired Top Stories
The Xbox One could have been the true center of your TV universe that let you throw all those other boxes away.
- Fri, 24 May 2013 21:51:00 +0000: Better Place Runs Out of Juice, Reportedly Plans Bankruptcy - Wired Top Stories
Better Place's plan to create a world full of electric vehicles that swap their batteries when they run out of juice is reportedly dead.
- Fri, 24 May 2013 20:44:00 +0000: BMW Fires a Legendary Motorcycle Into the 21st Century - Wired Top Stories
BMW's bikes have always been an amalgamation of form and function, which makes them more purposeful than pretty. The Concept Ninety finally manages to balance the two.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:15:13 +0000: Sick Syrian child saved in Israel - CNN.com - Top Stories
An infant Syrian girl with a heart condition was forced to flee the fighting -- but found help at an Israeli hospital.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:14:24 +0000: The world of electric paint - CNN.com - Top Stories
Imagine if you could paint a working light switch directly onto your wall, without any need for sockets, cables or wiring.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:14:16 +0000: Secrets of Mexico cave art - CNN.com - Top Stories
Nearly 5,000 cave paintings found in northeastern Mexico were made by at least three groups of hunter-gatherers who lived in an area previously thought to have been uninhabited, archeologists said.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:12:42 +0000: Can`womenomics' save Japan? - CNN.com - Top Stories
"Women are Japan's most underutilized resource."
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:00:15 +0000: Terror arrests - CNN.com - Top Stories
Three more people were arrested Saturday in connection with this week's grisly killing of British soldier Lee Rigby, police said.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:41:19 +0000: French Soldier Stabbed In The Neck In Paris - The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
The authorities in France are looking at whether the attack may have been influenced by Drummer Lee Rigby's murder.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:04:29 +0000: Google Boss Urges 'Reasonable' Debate On Tax - The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt said his firm would do whatever Britain decided when it came to changing its tax laws.
- Sat, 25 May 2013 23:49:20 +0000: Cameron To Crack Down On Preachers Of Hate - The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
A taskforce of senior politicians including Nick Clegg and Theresa May will tackle the radicalisation that can lead to violence.
- Sat, 25 May 2013 23:37:19 +0000: Woolwich Murder Suspect 'Held Two Months Ago' - The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
Local shopkeepers say one of the suspects was part of a group of Muslim activists who had been reported to police several times.
- Sat, 25 May 2013 23:34:57 +0000: Woolwich Soldier Murder: Three More Arrests - The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News
Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder the British soldier who was hacked to death in Woolwich.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:28:00 +0000: Discord bogs down Syrian opposition talks - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (AJE)
Still grappling to overcome growing differences, Syrian opposition delayed a crucial vote to expand the coalition.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:19:50 +0000: Deadly clashes rock Guinea ahead of poll - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (AJE)
At least five dead and many wounded amid gun battles with security forces as violence escalates in West African nation.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:02:44 +0000: Maoist rebels attack convoy in India - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (AJE)
At least 10 Congress party members killed and two others kidnapped in ambush on convoy in central Chhattisgarh state.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 00:27:51 +0000: Worldwide protests held against Monsanto - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (AJE)
"March against Monsanto" held in 250 US cities and dozens of other countries over genetically modified foods.
- Sat, 25 May 2013 22:14:09 +0000: Bayern Munich win Champions League - AL JAZEERA ENGLISH (AJE)
Arjen Robben scores late goal to give Bayern Munich victory over Dortmund and make amends for past disappointments.
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:58:49 +0000: Women becoming priests without Vatican's blessing - latimes.com - Newsvine - Top News
SAN FRANCISCO — The priest will be ordained in a purple Lutheran church. The Communion bread, symbolizing the body of Christ, will be gluten-free. The congregation will pray to "our mother our father in heaven."
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:52:35 +0000: Unions, the reliable Democratic supporters, split from president on ObamaCare - Newsvine - Top News
Labor unions that have solidly backed President Obama are splitting with him over ObamaCare -- with one calling for the “repeal or complete reform” of the president’s signature health-care law. Union leaders argue insurance costs for millions of workers will …
- Sun, 26 May 2013 01:21:24 +0000: Kerry, in Africa, keeps focus on Middle East - Newsvine - Top News
Visiting sub-Saharan Africa for the first time since taking office, Secretary of State John F. Kerry on Saturday remained focused largely on the Middle East, particularly Egypt, whose cratering economy and political problems are dimming hopes it can play a major role in fostering …
- Sun, 26 May 2013 00:44:18 +0000: Rep. Steve King: ‘Ronald Reagan’s signature on the 86 Amnesty Act brought about Barack Obama’s election’ - Newsvine - Top News
Rep. Steve King (R-IA), a firm opponent of immigration reform, took to the floor of the House on Thursday to explain his theory that giving undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship in 1986 had directly led to Barack Obama’s election in 2012 — and thus why Republi …
- Sun, 26 May 2013 00:32:16 +0000: Exclusive -- PALIN: Going Rogue in the Wrong Direction - Newsvine - Top News
As more information about the IRS scandal trickles out daily, the White House’s involvement is becoming clearer. Those of us who’ve been warning about the demise of freedom with Barack Obama’s efforts to “fundamentally transform” our great nation a …