- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:53:49 +0000: Chomsky: CIA Targeting of Julian Assange of WikiLeaks is "Disgraceful Act" - Democracy Now!
Last week, the Trump administration reportedly prepared an arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department was seeking to put Assange in jail. Amy Goodman asked world-renowned linguist and dissident Noam Chomsky about the U.S. targeting of Julian Assange, during a wide-ranging conversation at the First Parish Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts, on Monday night.
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:41:14 +0000: Chomsky on Syria: We Must Help Fleeing Refugees & Pursue Diplomatic Settlement - Democracy Now!
The journalistic monitoring group Airwars says 17 civilians, including nine children, reportedly died in U.S.-led coalition airstrikes on the Syrian city of Tabqa in Raqqa province on Monday. The victims reportedly included the 6-month-old baby Abd al-Salam and the toddler Ali Abu Aish, along with their entire family. Meanwhile, two Democratic lawmakers—Virginia Senator Tim Kaine and California Congressmember Adam Schiff—sent a letter to the White House Tuesday demanding President Trump provide a legal justification for the U.S. attack on the Shayrat air base earlier this month. On Monday night, Democracy Now!'s Amy Goodman spoke to world-renowned linguist and dissident Noam Chomsky at the First Parish Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and asked him what he thinks the U.S. should do about Syria.
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:27:07 +0000: Chomsky on North Korea & Iran: Historical Record Shows U.S. Favors Violence Over Diplomacy - Democracy Now!
Over the last month, the Trump administration has escalated tensions between both North Korea and Iran. Vice President Mike Pence has warned North Korea, saying all options are on the table—including preemptive military strikes. Will either of these conflicts escalate to outright war? For more, Democracy Now!'s Amy Goodman asked world-renowned linguist, professor and political dissident Noam Chomsky, during a wide-ranging interview Monday night at the First Parish Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:22:14 +0000: Chomsky: Like Obama, Trump Is Radically Increasing the Danger of Nuclear War - Democracy Now!
On Monday night, Democracy Now!'s Amy Goodman spoke to world-renowned linguist and dissident Noam Chomsky at the First Parish Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts. During the conversation, Amy Goodman asked Chomsky about one of the most serious threats to the survival of the human species: nuclear weapons.
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 12:12:07 +0000: Chomsky on the GOP: Has Any Organization Ever Been So Committed to Destruction of Life on Earth? - Democracy Now!
As President Trump prepares to mark 100 days in office, we spend the hour with the world-renowned linguist and dissident Noam Chomsky. Amy Goodman spoke to him on Monday night at the First Parish Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The conversation addressed climate change, nuclear weapons, North Korea, Iran, the war in Syria and the Trump administration's threat to prosecute WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. Amy Goodman began by asking him about the Republican Party.