- Wed, 04 Dec 2013 00:39:32 +0000: 5 tips for signing up for insurance on Healthcare.gov - NBC News Health
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 23:27:06 +0000: 23andMe faces class action lawsuit in California - NBC News Health
WASHINGTON — Genetic testing company 23andMe is facing a class action lawsuit alleging that the Silicon Valley startup misled customers with advertising for its personalized DNA test kit.The test is marketed as a tool to help users predict their risk of developing various diseases.
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:53:28 +0000: Notre Dame sues over birth control mandate - NBC News Health
The University of Notre Dame on Tuesday filed another lawsuit opposing portions of the federal health care overhaul that forces it to provide health insurance for students and employees that includes birth control, saying it contravenes the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:19:35 +0000: Audit: Health care subsidies vulnerable to fraud - NBC News Health
WASHINGTON — Government subsidies to help Americans buy insurance under the health care overhaul may be vulnerable to fraud, a Treasury Department watchdog warned on Tuesday in the latest indication that troubles are far from over for President Barack Obama's signature legislation.
- Tue, 03 Dec 2013 21:40:07 +0000: Targeted radioactive bomb might clean out AIDS virus, study finds - NBC News Health
A radioactive smart bomb might help mop up the last bits of AIDS virus hiding out in a patient’s body, even getting into the brain, researchers reported Tuesday.The approach is part of a new effort to try to cure AIDS.